Intravenous Sedation (“Twilight Sedation”)
Krum Dental Associates offers our patients the option of Intravenous Sedation, also referred to as “Twilight Sedation,” for your dental treatment.
Intravenous Sedation helps you to be comfortable and calm while undergoing dental procedures, allowing you to feel relaxed when in the dental chair. It essentially helps to alleviate the anxiety associated with your treatment. Although you may not always be asleep you will be at ease throughout the procedure, drifting in and out of sleep – a “twilight sleep”.
Advantages of IV Sedation
- Ability to complete lengthy and complicated procedures with less anxiety.
- Patients typically do not remember the details of the procedure.
- Patients can respond and breathe on their own, but are in a twilight sleep.
- Great for patients undergoing surgery such as wisdom teeth extractions.
- Less expensive than having treatment carried out in a operating room or surgical facility.
If you suffer from dental phobia- fear no more! At Krum Dental Associates, we are committed to understanding the very real nature of your fears. Not only will our team treat you with delicacy and care, but IV sedation will allow you to experience dentistry in a whole new way.